About Universities of Canada in Egypt
A Canadian campus hosting top Canadian Universities with futuristic programs. Universities of Canada in Egypt promotes an all-round active and diverse student life. It is the first International Branch Campus in The New Administrative Capital, only a 30-minute drive from New Cairo. All programs hosted mirror a blend of international experiences, academics, and cultures. Universities of Canada in Egypt encourages an entrepreneurial and innovative mindset through experiential learning, state-of-the-art facilities, and cutting-edge technology. Universities of Canada currently hosts the branch campus of the University of Prince Edward Island (UPEI). Located in Charlottetown, Canada, UPEI has a long-standing tradition of academic excellence dating back to the 19th century.
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Science in Sustainable Engineering
Student Ambassadors Program
This program is dedicated to the Universities of Canada in Egypt’ students who interface with university programs that involve meeting dignitaries, university visitors, and representing the university in events and conferences.
The students are trained and prepared with the necessary knowledge and tools of a professional mindset to meet and greet visitors and present the brand of the university with character, confidence, and finesse.
Student Orientation and Peer Leaders
The mission of the orientation peer leader is to welcome new students to the university and ease their transition to university life in every aspect. The orientation team is not a student organization but rather a university program that is mandatory for the freshman students. Peer leaders are the heart of this program as they are the ones who help make the program informative yet fun and easy to absorb. Besides, they are responsible for many of the logistical details that happen on ground.
Student Clubs and Organizations
The Universities of Canada in Egypt fosters the culture of experiential learning by providing a venue for students to have their self-run organizations and clubs. Students can establish their organization by presenting their plan to an ad-hoc committee that convenes to guide the students on how to establish a club.
The current clubs on campus are:
– Music Band (Khashab W’Kahraba)
– Film and Theater Club
– Model United Nations (MUN)
English Volunteer Program
The Student Development Unit, in collaboration with the English Department, is calling for student volunteers to teach spoken English to the Universities of Canada in Egypt’s workers. The main aim of the English Volunteer Program, “Survival English”, is to help workers learn and improve their spoken English to be able to interact with the English-speaking community on campus as part of their empowerment. The program aspires to bridge the communication gap through entertaining and interactive methods and ways of learning. It is an excellent opportunity to engage in community service activities on campus, which builds towards university contribution and enhances soft skills.
• The Award will be granted based upon a student’s Grade 12 Admission average, calculated on the 5 courses used for admission to the Cairo Campus. Admission Average > Percentage o 95 - 100% > 35% o 90 - 94.99% > 30% o 85 - 89.99% > 20% o 80 - 84.99% > 10% o 75 - 79.99% > 5%
• UPEI Cairo Campus students entering their second, third, or fourth year of study in an undergraduate degree are eligible for Academic-Excellence Awards based upon their grade performance at the university.
President’s Gold Full Scholarship (Egyptian Nationality only)
• This scholarship is granted to 10 students from the top 100 (as published) for the Egyptian Certificate “Thanawiya Ama, STEM and Nile Schools” (in recognition of the highest GPAs).
Athletic Scholarship (Egyptian Nationality Only)
This scholarship is applicable to students who have individual or team sport achievements at the international, national, or regional level.
Artistic Scholarship (Egyptian Nationality Only)
• This scholarship is awarded to graduating high school/current students who are creative and have demonstrated the influential impact of their artistry in their area of expertise: visual arts, performing arts, digital/non-digital media, and/or mass communications.
OTHER Financial Considerations
• Siblings of full-time registered students at UofCanada will qualify for a 10% tuition discount. • Students can combine between more than scholarship and special discount up to 50%. • The combination between Academic and Athletic scholarships without maximum limitation of percentage. *Terms and conditions may apply.
• CANADIAN DEGREE Graduate with an internationally accredited Canadian degree without leaving Egypt
• HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE Dive into real life working experiences and get hands-on work-study programs, internships and Co-op programs
• STUDY IN CANADA Experience life in Canada and choose to transfer to the Canadian campus of your university after the first year
• SMART CAMPUS Enjoy fully computerized classrooms, lounges and green areas
• UNIQUE PROGRAMS Navigate your career path easily with unique specializations focusing on market needs
• WORLD-CLASS FACULTY Learn from the best qualified international professors
this is the pros
this is the cons